Storm Soccer Club is committed to using a team of Trained and Certified Coaches to work with our players. These dedicated coaches help guide the youth in our program to develop their soccer skills, but they also foster a sense of camaraderie, teamwork and a passion for the game.
The purpose of this section is to direct those who have an interest in coaching to the information they need to become trained and certified. Whether you are new to coaching and are just looking to get the basics, or you are feeling inspired to further supplement your current Coaching Training, we have all the information you need on the courses that are right for you.
- Storm Soccer will reimburse the cost of coaching courses upon successful completion of each course.
- In addition to your age specific coaching course, all coaches must complete Making Ethical Decisions (MED) and Respect in Sport before working with players. MED and Respect in Sport are only taken once. If you have completed these courses from coaching another sport, your certifications can be transferred.
- All coaches must complete a Canadian Police Information Check (CPIC), including a Vunerable Sector Check as well as a Nova Scotia Child Abuse Registry check and submit these documents to our HR/Risk Board member. Storm will cover the cost of the CPIC up to a maximum amount of $30 and you can complete your CPIC conveniently online. Please contact HR/Risk at email@example.com to receive the online link.
- Coaches will be provided with a Storm Adidas Coaching jersey.
- If you have an interest in coaching, or helping as an assistant coach, we encourage you to reach out to our existing coaches. We also encourage people to reach out to our Club President, Sean Andrew, at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can become involved!
Ready to get started...? Click here to determine which course is right for you.