All players MUST use our online form to register. We encourage players to register early as teams can fill quickly. If an age division is full, please complete the registration process and your player will be added to a waitlist. Players can register online at home or drop into our in person registration night to complete the online form. In person registration night will be on :
Thursday, September 12th from 6pm - 8pm at the North Woodside Community Centre.
U11 players practice twice a week on weekday evenings. They also have one game per week in the Nova Scotia Soccer League (NSSL) on weekends. The NSSL game schedule will not be released by the league until the start of the game season, which begins sometime in November. Depending on enrollment numbers, U11 players could be combined with players in our U12 age division.
Program Start / Finish:
Our first week of indoor practices begins the third week of October (Oct 15th, 2019). Winter season ends the week before March break (Sat, March 7th, 2020 inclusive).
U11 will practice twice a week on weekday evenings, but the practice schedule will not be finalized until a few weeks prior to the start of season. (Oct 15th). The schedule depends on several factors; coach availablilty, number of teams and facility allocation. The practice schedule will be posted on the Storm website / social media as soon as it's finalized.
U9 - U18 teams may practice at one or more of the facilities listed on our "Venues" tab on our website. For directions to facilities the Club may use, please click here. Practice locations will not be finalized until a few weeks prior to the start of season (Oct 15th).
(Credit card, cash or cheque are accepted types of payment)
Parents to provide:
- Storm uniform
- Indoor soccer shoes
- Shin pads
- Water bottle
*** UPDATED SEPTEMBER 11, 2019 - Placement Session Information***
- U11 Girls do not attend placement sessions.
- Based on registration numbers, U11 Boys will attend placement sessions. We believe that it is important to place players on the team were they will grow and have the most fun. Similarly, teams need to be placed in the League such that they are challenged in a fun but competitive environment. This could include playing a team recreationally or playing a team against the highest level teams such as the named previous Whitecaps level.
To aid in this initial player and team placement, we have decided to hold a placement session for our U11 and U12 Boys divisions. This initial session will assist in providing the best experience for all of our players.
With the Player Pool Initiative available, as the season progresses we have the flexibility to adjust our teams to suit the developmental needs of our players. Players will continue to be observed to to facilitate their growth throughout the season. Both trained and C Licensed coaches will participating in their growth and development.
There is a $10 placement fee payable by cash or cheque at the placement session for each player. This fee is used to help cover the cost of the turf for our placement sessions. Players will only receive their numbered pinnie upon payment of the placement fee. The schedule for the placement sessions is yet to be finalized, however the sessions will be occurring at the East Hants Sportsplex on the following dates:
Tuesday, Sept 17th, 6pm - 9pm
Thursday, Sept 19th, 6pm - 9pm
General Program Information:
- For information on financial aid, including Kidsport, Jumpstart and the Storm Soccer Scholarship Program, please click here.
- Stay in the loop! We encourage you to follow us on Storm Instagram (@stormsoccerclub), Twitter (@Storm_Soccer) or "like" our Storm Facebook page, "Storm Soccer Club".
- Please click here to view our Refund Policy
- Have more questions? Drop into our in-person registration night at the North Woodside Community Centre on Thurs, Sept 12th from 6pm - 8pm. This will be a great opportunity to:
- Register online
- Meet our coaches
- Pick up your practice kit
- Pay your fees
- Get any questions you have answered