Coaches Code of Conduct
Coaches must respect the rights, dignity and worth of each and every person and treat each equally within the context of the sport.
1. Coaches must respect the rights, dignity and worth of each and every person and treat each equally within the context of the sport.
2. Coaches must place the well-being and safety of each player above all other considerations, including the development of performance.
3. Coaches must adhere to all guidelines laid down within the By-Laws of Storm Soccer Club.
4. Coaches must develop an appropriate working relationship with each player based on mutual trust and respect.
5. Coaches must NOT exert undue influence to obtain personal benefit or reward.
6. Coaches must encourage and guide players to accept responsibility for their own behavior and performance.
7. Coaches must ensure at the activities they direct or advocate is appropriate for the age, maturity, experience, and ability of players.
8. Coaches should, at the outset, clarify with the player (and, where appropriate, their parents) exactly what is expected of them and also what they are entitled to expect from their coach.
9. Coaches must co-operate fully with other specialists (e.g., other coaches, officials, doctors, physiotherapists) in the best interests of the player.
10. Coaches must always promote the appropriate Code of Conduct and positive aspects of the sport (e.g., fair play) to players, parents, and spectators alike. Never condone violations of the Laws of the Game, behavior contrary to the spirit of the Laws of the Game or relevant rules and regulations or the use of prohibited substances or techniques.
11. Coaches must consistently display high standards of behavior and experience and be a role model for players, parents, and spectators.